Tuesday, September 6, 2011

#16 - Little Boxes



Song - Little Boxes
Artist - Malvina Reynolds

I love the show "Weeds" and I love this song, but it bugs me when this song is heard and someone says, "Oh, it's the weeds song!" The song existed before Weeds! I did love the second season when so many different bands covered the song, it really showed a lot of diversity within the meaning of it.

Little Boxes always reminds me of my high school drama teacher and going on class trips with her. When you cross over the Marcum bridge coming into Portland it gives you a view of all the houses lining the waterfront on the west side. They really DO all look the same! She would sing this song as we crossed over into downtown and it made me never ever want to live in one of those houses.

No comments:

Post a Comment